Resources for Students
Students are required to attend the college only in prescribed uniform:
- White Salwar, Kurta and Dupatta, or
- White Saree and Blouse
- Students are allowed to come college in civil dress every Saturday.
During winters students are required to wear maroon coloured plain coat, cardigan and shawl.
For B Ed students, white Saree and Blouse are compulsory during the training. At the time of guiding camp, they have to put on white Blouse and navy blue coloured Saree.
All students are required to obtain their identity cards from the college office every year. The students are to carry with them the identity card daily. Library card will be issued on the basis of identity card only.
Each student in the college will be required to follow the following guidelines for her overall educational development and maintaining discipline. Violation of the guidelines may invite appropriate action from the Chief Proctor of the college and Discipline Committee.
- A minimum 75 per cent attendance in the classes of each subject is compulsory. Failure to follow this may lead to deprive the student from the university examination.
- Each student is required to attend the college only in the prescribed uniform.
- Each student has to carry her identity card every day with her. Failure to present the card at the time of checking may bar her from attending the class.
- All students are required to obtain their identity card after showing the fee receipt. After filling up the identity card, they must get the same signed by the admission officer.
- It is compulsory for each student to participate in co-curricular activities, NCC, NSS, Rangers Guide, Cultural Programmes, Games and Sports, Essay Writing, Debate Competitions, etc.
- Students are advised to make maximum benefit of the facilities like library, reading room, book bank, sports, hostel, canteen and healthcare.
- College property is the property of the students. It is their duty to safeguard it. Plucking flowers, damaging trees and plants, crossing over flower beds, etc., is prohibited. Keeping the college premises clean and beautiful is also the duty of the students.
- For proper conduct of studies and teaching, it is necessary that no student stands, or sits near a class. Students should not walk near on going classes and not talk to other students there.
- Students should use reading room in free periods, or should sit quietly in the games hall, or away from a running class.
- It is the responsibility of the students themselves to fill the university examination application form and submit the same to the college authorities.
- No student is allowed to use mobile phone on the college campus.
The college library has a good collection of high quality of necessary books. For enhancing knowledge of students and their entertainment, several daily newspapers and magazines are made available.
For the assistance of the economically weaker students, there exists a book bank. Four books are made available to such students, who are required to return the books issued to them to the college book bank before examination.
- Postgraduate students will be issued four books, while graduate and B Ed students will be issued two books from the library. They will be required to return the books issued to them to the library before the commencement of the examination.
- Books, magazines and newspapers must be used carefully without any damage to them. No page should be torn. There will not be any permission to take any magazine or newspaper out of the reading room.
- Fine will be imposed for stealing any book, magazine or newspaper from the library or reading room or tearing pages from them. As an extreme punishment, admission to the college may also be cancelled.
- Peace must be maintained in the reading room.
- It will be compulsory for every student to follow the directives printed on the library card issued from the library.
- Hostel fee is to be deposited in the college office. The students are required to get their names, father's name, guardian's name, address and telephone numbers entered in the warden's register by showing the fee receipt.
- Committees of students will cooperate the warden in food arrangements, cleanliness and discipline.
- Inmates will be allowed to go out of hostel for two days in a week between 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. for market related necessary works on written information.
- In case of closure of the college, written permission will have to be taken for going out of the city. On returning, the inmates of the hostel will have to deposit written certificate from the father/guardian mentioning the reasons of staying out of the city, place of the stay and time of the stay.
Strict action will be taken for indiscipline and disobeying the orders of the principal/warden.